Openbravo is seeking a Senior Development Engineer aiming to become part of an international Services organization delivering best-in-class services projects to our Clients and partners. The position is based in Barcelona (Spain) and/or Lille (France).
The function of the Senior Development Engineer has the following key areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for the coding of complex problems in business management application using high-technical system capabilities and working autonomously.
- Participate in technical design, development, testing, and documentation of plug-ins, modules or vertical requested by partners.
- Work with internal business clients to understand their requirements and translate into value-generating technical solutions.
- Properly manage any departmental knowledge favoring the re-use of existing information
- Resolve product defects detected by customers, community and/or internal testers Supports workload estimations related to the service.
- Administrate the infrastructure development that will enhance the scalability of the organization.
- Refine and improve our product in developing quality service for our clients.
- Helps support team when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The professional we are seeking:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or Telecommunications
- Data Base Knowledge/experience, POS/Retail and/or business software applications related experience is a plus
- 5+ Knowledge/experience in software development with the following technologies is a valuable plus:
- Java Platform and/or all tiers of an enterprise web application
- Programming concepts including MVC architecture
- SQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle
- User Interface technologies: XML, HTML, HTML5/Application Cache /WebSQL, Backbone, Enyo, SmartClient
- Experience to design technical solutions playing if required the role of Technical Leader in projects, coordinating teams of developers
- Good written and oral communication skills in English is a must. French is a strong plus
- Analytical thinking & detail-oriented
- Proven ability to meet/exceed deadlines under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Initiative, flexibility, and adaptability
- Availability to travel as required for the success of the business.
What we offer
- A career in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business environment
- An opportunity to accelerate your professional development
- A dynamic and young culture with flexible working conditions
- A competitive compensation & benefits package
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates should write an email with their resume attached to.
Please put "Junior Development Engineer - Product Area" in the subject line of your mail.
Thanks for your interest in Openbravo!