Openbravo is seeking Junior Development Engineer aiming to have a challenging and enriching professional experience in our Product area.
Based in Pamplona (Spain), you will be participating in delivering our product roadmap, securing a rock-solid retail solution by acting as a domain expert to help guarantee client success.
So, if you are crazy about technology and development, you are a problem solving "padawan" and you can learn quickly... we are waiting for you!
The function of the Junior Development Engineer has the following key areas of responsibility:
- Participate in technical design, development, testing, and documentation of plug-ins, modules or vertical requested by partners.
- Support workload estimations related to the service.
- Properly manage any departmental knowledge favoring the re-use of existing information.
- Follow defined methodologies within its area to achieve goals.
- Administrate the infrastructure development that will enhance the scalability of the organization.
- Refine and improve our product in developing quality service for our clients.
- Help support team when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The professional we are seeking:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or Telecommunications
- Data Base Knowledge/experience, POS/Retail and/or business software applications related experience is a plus
- Knowledge/experience in software development with the following technologies is a valuable plus:
- Java Platform and/or all tiers of an enterprise web application
- Hibernate ORM
- Programming concepts including MVC architecture
- SQL, PL/SQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle
- User Interface technologies: XML, HTML, HTML5/Application Cache /WebSQL, Backbone, Enyo, SmartClient
- Multilingual applications with PO files
- Good written and oral communication skills in English is a must. Other languages are a valuable plus
- Analytical thinking & detail-oriented
- Ability to learn fast under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to meet/exceed deadlines
- Initiative, flexibility, and adaptability
What we offer
- A career in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business environment
- An opportunity to accelerate your professional development
- A dynamic and young culture with flexible working conditions
- A competitive compensation & benefits package
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates should write an email with their resume attached.
Please put "Junior Development Engineer - Product Area" in the subject line of your mail.