To publish varied, incisive and engaging content (in any format or media) to educate or inform our target life science audiences, at the high standard consistent with Fluidic Analytics’ brand.
About the Company
Proteins are the building blocks of life. They form the structure of cells, regulate cellular activity and carry out the biochemical processes that underpin function in every living organism. Just as DNA tells what could happen over lifetimes, proteins and their behaviour tell us what is happening now.
Fluidic Analytics envisions a world where information about proteins and their behaviour transforms our understanding of how the biological world operates, and helps all of us make better decisions about how we diagnose diseases, develop treatments and maintain our personal well-being.
By building the world’s best tools, software and services for protein characterisation and making them universally accessible in the lab, in the clinic or at home, we are making this vision a reality not just for a small group of expert users, but for everyone who can benefit.
Our products are based on a fundamentally new technology platform developed at the University of Cambridge. This platform enables the rapid characterisation of proteins based on the physical properties that determine their function. And because proteins are characterised in solution and in their natural state – without the need for surfaces, matrices or ionisation – this platform gives our customers access to unique quantitative insights into protein behaviour that are not accessible using other approaches.
Responsibilities and Duties
Help drive sustainable, organic growth in inbound leads for Fluidic Analytics’ products in the laboratory instrument space through the planning and implementation of content marketing strategies.
- Working with the marketing team and with customers, freelancers and agencies, help develop a rich, multi-channel portfolio of content assets (articles, videos, audio) that can be distributed through our website, social media and 3rd party channels such as email.
- Help plan an ongoing calendar of content that speaks to the various customer personas that Fluidic Analytics seeks to reach at every stage of the buyers journey.
- Actively contribute to the generation of content through the writing of applications notes, blog articles, video scripts and sales collateral.
- Act as an editor and sounding board for other content generators at the company, ensuring consistency and quality is maintained for all customer facing material.
- Monitor keyword landscape of our target market and ensure content is search engine optimised for our website.
Use Fluidic Analytics’ systems to ensure we continually improve our marketing by clearly understanding which content is resonating with our audience and which isn’t
- Work with the marketing and sales teams to establish and maintain a clear understanding of the company’s target customers and the content that will best serve them.
- Using the company’s marketing automation system (Hubspot), monitor how content performs and where improvements can be made.
- Help grow our marketing list, and ensure customers are marketed to appropriately throughout each stage of the buyer’s journey.
Work as part of the marketing team and alongside sales to meet agreed audience growth targets.
- Work closely with sales to ensure a smooth and transparent hand-off of marketing qualified leads, and to monitor lead quality.
- Provide ongoing feedback to enable continuous improvement of sales and marketing materials.
- When required, travel to conferences to ensure smooth running of company exhibition and lead gathering activities
Contribute proactively to the long-term development of the company.
- Seek to understand the customers problems better than they do, and how our products can deliver the best possible value in their research.
- Be a champion and exemplar of the company’s values and culture.
Requirements of the Candidate
- Familiar with aspects of protein science. A BSc or above in Biochemistry, Biophysics or a related field is preferred.
- 3 or more years experience in a life sciences company in marketing, product management, medical/copy writing, or scientific journalism.
- Strong opinion on current marketing trends and best practice.
- Appreciation and experience of tracking and record keeping to improve the customer experience.
- Experience in scientific writing, and fluency in written English, with examples of work available.
- Exemplar of the company’s values - competence, integrity and communication.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects in parallel, hit deadlines and work under time and commercial pressure.
- Ability to work effectively in a small company environment.
- Additional nice to have skills would be: Graphic design; video editing, audio editing, events organisation, SEO, PPC, maintaining a CRM.
- Willing to travel (up to once a month) to assist with exhibiting. A driving license is desirable.
Interested in learning more?
Please send your CV and a covering letter to us.