Openbravo is looking for exceptional candidates for the role of Head of Finance to lead our corporate functions organization.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of Finance will manage all main corporate functions: Finance & Accounting, Corporate Transactions, HR & Offices, and Legal Services. The position is based in Barcelona, Spain, from where he/she will oversee the corporate functions across all Openbravo legal entities and offices. As of today, Openbravo has offices in France, India, Mexico, Spain and UAE.
The function of Head of Finance has the following key areas of responsibility:
- Manage the Finance department to ensure proper execution and compliance with applicable regulation in all jurisdictions where Openbravo has entities for accounting, reporting, controlling, taxes and risk management, including:
- Own the budget and effectively track variances between actual, budget and forecasts.
- Lead the timely and diligent preparation of monthly financial reporting & KPIs to the Executive Team, including consolidated Financial Statements covering all Group entities.
- Lead the periodic financial audit processes across the Group entities.
- Establish effective treasury & cash management controls.
- Provide insightful and timely financial analytics (e.g. margin and growth analyses), to enable solid decision making for the Executive Team to maximize shareholder value creation
- Recommend across the company and implement adequate control practices & policies and strategies to make effective use of funds.
- Effectively & diligently manage tax & regulatory obligations across Group entities.
- Manage bank relations and those with other financial institutions
- Manage insurance policies and systems for adequate coverage and cost.
- Support the CEO & Board of Directors in interactions with current or potential shareholders.
- Manage HR & Offices function across all Group entities to foster a high-performance culture with a “winners’ spirit” and high employee satisfaction:
- Own HR & organization strategy and manage organizational structure & functions.
- Coordinate corporate recruitment and selection plan
- Coordinate compensation and benefits policies and periodic performance evaluation cycles
- Coordinate internal training program and organizational development plan
- Recommend and establish human resources related policies and procedures
- Lead all aspects for new office openings and daily management of office network
- Assure legal and regulatory compliance across all Group entities
- Coordinate HR administration & payroll activities
- Manage the Legal team to ensure proper legal protection mechanisms are in place across the Group entities:
- Coordinate the preparation and control of business contracts, including those for clients, suppliers and partners.
- Ensure adequate protection mechanisms are in place for Intellectual Property, Trademark and data protection
- Make sure local legal & regulatory compliance is secured at all times in the geographies and business areas where Group entities develop business activities.
- Coordinate the HR and legal teams to make sure the proper employment contracts are in place.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The professional we are seeking:
- Has 10+ years of experience in finance & accounting in international organizations, preferably in the software space, of which 5+ years of experience managing corporate functions
- Brings extensive knowledge of local accounting and accounts-consolidation rules for the countries where Openbravo has presence.
- Is a strong analytical thinker with a focus on results, a very good organizer, with solid planning and time management skills.
- Is a team player, with natural leadership skills, very proactive and able to work autonomously.
- Is a person who is flexible and adapts rapidly as needed in a fast paced environment.
- Has excellent communication skills, and is fully proficient in English and Spanish, with at least working knowledge skills in French. Other languages are a plus.
- Has availability for substantial travel as required for the success of the role and business.
What we offer
- A career in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business environment
- An opportunity to accelerate your professional development
- A dynamic and young culture with flexible working conditions
- A competitive compensation & benefits package
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates should write an email with their resume.
Please put "Head of Finance" in the subject line of your mail.
Thanks for your interest in Openbravo!