Antidote is a digital health company that aims to accelerate the breakthroughs of new treatments by bridging the gap between medical research and the people who need them.
Today, 85% of patients don’t know about clinical trials, and when they do, it’s incredibly difficult for them to find trials they qualify for. The lack of patient participation leads to 80% of trials being delayed or closed. Medical progress is slowed down, and patients continue to wait for answers.
Together, we can solve this problem.
Antidote is looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer to assist the business in making data driven decisions by implementing ETL processes, robust data models for our data warehouse, and reports and dashboards in Looker. We have recently completed a ground-up rebuild of our BI infrastructure within a wider company migration of our IT systems. Your role while working within our backend engineering team will be continuing this work extending the infrastructure to meet new requirements that range from internal reporting to managing robust timely ETL pipelines that parse medical data.
This role will be a good fit for someone with confidence with SQL and a good familiarity with Python who is looking to make the move from Analyst type roles towards Data Engineering type roles.
- Develop robust ETL pipelines and automated processes for ingesting and processing data
- Managing and extending the Data-warehouse and Looker data models to provide a robust foundation for internal reporting.
- Ensure best practices are followed with regard to security and infrastructure
- Creating and maintaining relevant documentation
- Spot opportunities for improvement on data engineering and business intelligence best practices
- Advise on data modelling and reporting best practice
- Working with the engineering team to ensure application design accommodates reporting and analytics requirements
Candidate Essential Requirements:
- Advanced level knowledge of SQL and/or experience managing Data Warehouses
- Are you familiar with window Functions and the difference between indexing and primary keys?
- Confident getting hands-on with Python to process data and automate processes
- Would you feel confident interacting with Databases and web APIs and processing data in python?
- Good understanding of reporting and data modelling best practices
- Good written and verbal communication skills and an ability to translate problems into technical requirements and implement a solution.
- Could you take a requirement from someone non-technically minded, Implement the solution and then explain your solution to a software engineer?
Candidate Nice to haves:
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure (We use Google Cloud Platform)
- Familiarity with OOP programming practices
- Familiarity with Snowplow or web analytics applications
- Degree in a quantitative discipline
- Unix server experience
- Healthcare data experience
Technologies you will use or come across in the role:
- Google Cloud Platform (In particular Google Bigquery & Google SQL)