CTT is a fast-growing and exciting venture-backed company that is a leading provider of UltraTouch technologies to the consumer electronics, automotive, industrial and military markets. We work with leading OEMs and their supply chains who adopt our technologies into their products worldwide.
For this role, we are looking for a Field Applications Engineer with 5+ years of experience in touch and/or display related industries.
The successful candidate will be working out of CTT’s Shanghai, China office and interfacing with China/Taiwan customers to address technical issues in pre- and after-sales support, take a lead role in customer design-in activities, and deliver solutions.
The candidate will also interface closely with the technical team at CTT’s Cambridge, UK headquarters, and should be a highly professional individual, always pursuing excellence to achieve the company’s goals and the customers’ success.
We’re seeking a highly motivated and self-starting problem solver who has a natural desire to innovate and get the job done, whatever it takes.
As a Field Application Engineer the key skills and qualities required are:
- 1. Excellent spoken and written English as a second language, with clear communication skills
- 2. Excellent customer contact experience (pre and after-sales, design-ins / design wins, technical support and troubleshooting)
- 3. Background in hardware, with work experience that includes operating in a commercial environment where products must be delivered to scope, budget and schedule
- 4. Experience compiling and uploading firmware
- 5. IT experience with development IDEs in case some parameters need to be changed
- 6. Experience of electronic products assembly and testing
- 7. Experience designing, building and/or repairing PCBs
- 8. Hands-on type of person with skills in mechanical, soldering and other type of assembly work
- 9. Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- 10. Effective in dealing successfully with demanding situations and environments
- 11, Willingness to ‘go the extra mile’ to deliver solutions and get the job done
And some beneficial skills (not essential) may involve:
- 1. Previous exposure to touch sensing technologies
- 2. Experience on both Windows and Linux environments
- 3. Experience developing using languages including Python, and C
- 4. Experience testing and debugging firmware
The candidate must be prepared to lead and work in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with a passionate team of engineers and demanding customers. The candidate should possess a strong motivation and desire for high growth, scale-up culture. There’s an excellent potential for professional growth and financial gain.
A competitive salary, bonus, stock options, holiday and pension will be offered.
For suitable local candidates, please apply.