Location: Central Reading (3 mins from rail station)
We use machine learning and big data technology (usually in the customer environment) to ingest, index and organise data at scale often as part of large information governance, data discovery and privacy programmes.
More information can be found at www.exonar.com
Working within a small agile team, the role will involve
- managing a number of servers in Azure: provisioning, monitoring, upgrade, etc.
These servers are mostly CentOS, but some of them are Windows Server
- managing some physical servers in our hosted datacentre: installation, deployment, etc.
- managing the network between our different sites (Newbury, Reading, hosted data-centre), and the move to a single new office next year
- occasionally, helping users with their laptop, on a “best effort” basis
- helping with the installation, deployment and second-level support of our platform
The skills and experience we need in this role
We’re not expecting you to have every skill and have touched every type of technology, but ideally you would bring:
- a University degree in software engineering, computer science, a related discipline or appropriate industry experience
- a minimum 2 year of professional experience in using Linux, ideally CentOS/RedHat
- experience with networking: DHCP, DNS, VPN, etc.
- you’re comfortable with Bash scripting
- you show attention to detail, reliability and a sense of service
- you are able to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited holiday! (assuming you nail your job!…)
- Flexible/remote working
- Your choice of hardware
- Espresso machine / beer&wine fridge / soft drinks
- Regular company social events & clubs
You will be working on new challenges every day and will find yourself pushing the boundaries of your knowledge and developing new skills frequently.
A huge benefit of working for Exonar is the flexibility you’ll have in developing yourself and shaping your role. You will work with a supportive and close knit team, and will have responsibility for delivering client success and the opportunity to drive the growth of the company from day one.
If you are motivated by solving complex problems with out-of-the-box thinking, and providing solutions that deliver real results, you’ll enjoy working at Exonar.
How to apply
Does this role sound good so far?
If you’d like to apply, please email your CV and a covering letter.