As Marketing Communications Associate you will assist the marketing team in ensuring that our attendance at conferences and exhibitions runs smoothly – from initial planning and paperwork, to return shipping and review of results at the end.
In 2019 the Fluidic team attended 23 conferences, and this number is likely to grow – so you’ll need to be calm, collected and organised to ensure all the deadlines for each one are met.
- Liaising with the organisers and external suppliers to make sure stock and transport are arranged and ready for each event
- Maintaining a diary of the deadlines for each event, and ensuring these are met.
- Completing paperwork required for events such as application forms, stand plans and contracts.
- Gathering quotes and asking the right questions of suppliers and organisers to help us make the best decisions on ordering promotional materials, or booking event packages
- Working with colleagues from different departments internally to ensure they have what they need to attend events – from travel and hotel, to tickets, addresses and any briefing notes required to tell them about special aims or projects for this event.
- Ensuring all the goods required for an event are shipped to the organisers on time, working with our logistics agents.
Additionally, you will support the marketing team on a range of activities such as;
- Minor tasks in InDesign such as generating business cards, preparing artworks for print (training will be given).
- Raising purchase orders for suppliers and finding suitable products for event props, or promotional freebies.
- Proof reading documents.
- Making minor edits to the website, for example to update our events or news pages (training will be given).
- Organise the printing of business cards for everyone in the company as and when required.
- Assist the HR department with the design and creation of a regular internal newsletter.
You’ve got this covered:
- At least 2 years’ experience in an administrative or project support role, preferably within a marketing or commercial function.
- Experience in organizing exhibitions or conferences.
- Organised and able to work to deadlines.
- Able to take on a variety of different tasks and work autonomously when required.
- Clear communicator, and able to confidently work with a range of internal and external people to ensure all parties know what is required and by when.
- An interest in marketing and customer satisfaction, with an awareness of how professional presentation at events can impact our brand and image.
- A willingness to learn new skills as required – e.g. learning new software packages.
- · Able to solve problems and think creatively to overcome last minute challenges.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive Salary
- 24 days holiday
- Share Options Scheme
- Flexible working
- Company Pension
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Cycle to work/ Tech scheme’s
- Employee assistance program
- Free fruit and as much tea and coffee as you can drink
- Inclusive team environment where your contribution will truly make a difference