This role reports to the Director of Hardware Design, based in our Bristol office. Your Responsibilities will include:
- Block and system design through to timing-clean Verilog RTL;
- Simulation and support for the Verification team;
- Synthesis and support to the Physical Implementation team in support of closing timing and block/chip finishing
You’ll need to be self-directed, proactive and equally comfortable working as part of a team or independently and you’ll enjoy solving day-to-day problems and delivering high quality robust designs.
We’re a global business, headquartered in Bristol, with offices across Asia and the United States; and we’re backed by some of the best names in high tech venture capital.
With a 10-year pedigree in Hi-Res and multichannel USB audio solutions, XMOS is at the forefront of the far-field voice interface market, with the most qualified, most comprehensive range. Adopted by leading brands, our high-performance, easily integrated solutions are transforming consumers’ interactions with everyday devices.
As a deep tech company working to develop more natural human machine interfaces, we’re always looking for questioning, flexible and determined people to help make that happen. Ours is a learning environment, which means we hire for capability and potential – and help you to achieve your best.
About our technology
XMOS is a fabless semiconductor company with a unique micro-controller design, underpinned by our own in-house tools.
Our approach to multi-core, highly parallel stream processing enables our software team to develop highly efficient “at the edge” intelligent sensor applications.
Today, we deliver best in class voice capture – detecting voice commands accurately, from across the room – even in busy environments when the person is speaking softly. And we’re building for a more natural human machine interface tomorrow.
Who we’re looking for
XMOS has ambitious plans for its next generation of ICs and is looking for energetic and versatile verification engineers to join the growing team. Working in a ‘start-up’ environment, you will participate in and influence all aspects of verification, from methodology to tools, validating from block to chip level.
You will have a proven track record in the design of complex digital ICs, with demonstrable skills in digital ASIC Hardware Design, from specification to RTL, including hands-on expertise in:
- RTL Design (Verilog or VHDL);
- Timing, area & power awareness;
- Integration of 3rd party IP such as PLL, POR, PHY, SRAM, OTP, USB, MIPI;
- Version and change control management; and
- In support of your design effectiveness, you will be familiar with tool flow automation, with a good understanding of scripting languages.
You will also have experience supporting the verification team, including:
- Specification and test plan support for directed and random test;
- Support for code and functional coverage closure;
Ideally your experience will include some exposure to chip level integration, including:
- Pad & complex IO structures & interfaces;
- Design-for-test; and
- Some experience of post tape-out silicon bring-up and debug.
Your Technical Experience should include a working knowledge of processor architectures. Ideally you will have worked with processor cores, which could be as part of an SoC or FPGA design and gained an appreciation of hardware and low-level software interoperation, such as how assembly code may be used during verification.
- Competitive Salary.
- Share Options – EMI approved share options allocated at a level commensurate to seniority. A 4-year vesting profile with a 1-year cliff.
- Holidays – 25 days paid with an additional 3 days over the Christmas period when the office closes
- Private Medical Insurance – membership of the corporate healthcare plan, currently held with AVIVA. Option of adding partner and children if they are residing in the UK (incremental premium has to be paid by the Employee.)
- Group Income Protection Cover – the level of benefit payable is 75% of Scheme Salary and an employee will become entitled to benefit after being unable to work because of sickness or injury for 26 continuous weeks.
- Life Insurance – the benefit payable is a lump sum of 4 times Scheme Salary.
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme – established for employee contributions, with XMOS matching these up to 5% of salary.