As Field Application Specialist, you will be the technical face of Fluidic Analytics, demonstrating the value of the Company’s technology and driving sales through effective technical interactions, and supporting customers in the field as they develop their applications.
Be the technical representative of the Company prior to sales – working with potential customers to ensure their understanding, adoption and success with our technology
- Organise and execute instrument demonstrations on customer sites, working with technical team to ensure customer requirements can be met on the day.
- Manage the Fluidic demo lab space in the Greater Boston Area and when required perform instrument demonstrations in-house.
- Perform routine maintenance on the east coast US demo instruments at regular intervals.
- When required, run customer samples to ensure our products can deliver the customer’s expectations prior to a demo.
- Keep Sales team and CRM up to date with information about customer interactions
- Work with Sales, Marketing and R&D to continually improve the effectiveness of demos, ensuring best possible chance of winning business.
Be the technical representative of the Company following sales – help existing customers resolve issues, develop applications and get the best possible experience from the Fluidic Analytics’ products
- Be the first point of contact for inbound technical enquires from existing customers, triaging as appropriate and ensuring that the right members of the team are involved to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- When required, carry out the installation and validation of sold instruments at the customer's site and provide appropriate training to customers on product usage and maintenance.
- When required visit customers to troubleshoot problems and train new users.
- Work with collaborators to formulate interesting and achievable experimental plans, with a view to generating publications, application notes and sales.
- Manage demonstration schedule as well as collaborations and long-term instrument placements, and communicate inventory requirements to deliver the schedule.
Maintain and build on the Company’s in-depth understanding of the capabilities of its products and technologies, to ensure the company remains at the leading edge of innovation
- Educate existing and potential customers and collaborators about our technology, and work with them to identify novel applications through the delivery of seminars, conference talks and live demonstrations.
- Use interactions with customers and the market to assist the Marketing team in formulating sales strategies and assess their ongoing effectiveness.
- Participate in conferences and workshops to broaden the overview of the potential applications.
- Work with Marketing to proactively maintain an overview of the capabilities of competitors and develop strategies to manage these.
- Make recommendations to implement and improve the Company’s product designs and development strategies based on a deep understanding of a broad range of relevant applications.
You’ve got this covered:
- PhD or equivalent 3 years’ experience in biophysics, biochemistry, chemical engineering or similar fields
- Experience working in an SME (small to medium-sized enterprise) beneficial but not essential
- Experience working in an FAS capacity within the protein characterization space beneficial but not essential
- Attention to detail – ensuring all customer interactions are executed flawlessly
- Problem solver - independent and creative in finding solutions and identifying opportunities
- Must be willing to travel (50% or more of time),
- Full driving license
If you would like to be part of our exceptional team, please send your CV and a covering letter to us at email@example.com and we will be in touch shortly.