Based in our Bristol office, the Silicon Verification Engineer works in the Chip Development team and plays a pivotal role in developing semiconductor products. Your responsibilities include:
- Working with the Chip team through the entire lifecycle of chip development
- Functionally verifying blocks and features for XMOS chips
- Focusing on verification of complex processor-based chips
- Collaborating with the Design team to ensure that chips meet specification and are fit for purpose
We’re a global business, headquartered in Bristol, with offices across Asia and the United States; and we’re backed by some of the best names in high tech venture capital.
XMOS stands at the interface between voice processing, biometrics and artificial intelligence. Backed by some of the best names in high tech venture capital, we’re a leading supplier of voice and audio solutions to the consumer electronics market. Today our unique silicon architecture and highly differentiated software delivers class-leading far-field voice capture, and we’re building for a more natural human machine interface tomorrow.
As a deep tech company, we’re always looking for questioning, flexible and determined people to help make that happen. Ours is a learning environment, which means we hire for capability and potential – and help you to achieve your best.
XMOS has ambitious plans for its next generation of ICs and is looking for energetic and versatile design engineers to join the growing team. Working in a ‘start-up’ environment, you will participate in all aspects of design, working at block and chip level.
Who we’re looking for
You’re a digital semiconductor verification professional with a good understanding of modern SoCs and microprocessor technology. A clear and organized thinker, you are experienced and comfortable in analysing, understanding, and verifying digital circuits. Proactive and equally comfortable working as part of a team or independently, you’ll enjoy solving day-to-day problems and delivering high quality robust solutions.
You will have a proven track record in the verification of complex digital ICs, with demonstrable skills in digital ASIC development, from specification through to verified RTL.
- Excellent understanding of RTL (preferably Verilog)
- Clear ability to understand designs through all stages of the lifecycle
- Good working knowledge of digital simulation tools and techniques
- A strong orientation towards microprocessor technologies
- Experience in the verification of integrated 3rd party IP such as PLL, POR, PHY, SRAM, OTP, USB, MIPI
- A proven ability in scripting and flow automation methods
- Good working knowledge of version and change control management
- Significant experience of Functional Verification including:
- Specification and test plan development for directed and random test
- Code and functional coverage definition and closure
- Competitive Salary.
- Share Options – EMI approved share options allocated at a level commensurate to seniority. A 4-year vesting profile with a 1-year cliff.
- Holidays – 25 days paid with an additional 3 days over the Christmas period when the office closes.
- Private Medical Insurance – membership of the corporate healthcare plan, currently held with AVIVA. Option of adding partner and children if they are residing in the UK (incremental premium has to be paid by the Employee.)
- Group Income Protection Cover – the level of benefit payable is 75% of Scheme Salary and an employee will become entitled to benefit after being unable to work because of sickness or injury for 26 continuous weeks.
- Life Insurance – the benefit payable is a lump sum of 4 times Scheme Salary.
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme – established for employee contributions, with XMOS matching these up to 5% of salary.