Who we are
Company description: story and purpose; mission and vision; market opportunity, size and competitive landscape; investors and funding; founder profiles and company leaders; growth plans
Seldon was founded in 2014 with a simple yet ambitious aim: accelerate the adoption of machine learning to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Since 2018, Seldon has raised €10 million in funding and achieved 38% MoM growth, working with clients such as Google, RedHat and IBM ML platforms.
As we continue to grow and take the company to the next level, we are looking to identify a VP Product to develop and manage our product GTM strategy in collaboration with world-class engineering and commercial teams.
With an incredibly deep tech founding team and recognised thought leaders in the field of MLOps and AI Ethics across the team, Seldon is an established name in the open source sphere with three million installs of our products so far. Partners include industry tech giants and customers include several other Fortune 100 and FTSE 100 companies – including leaders of healthcare, automotive and financial services sectors.
In addition to a very competitive compensation plan, you’ll receive access to private health care, discounted memberships and services and an EMI share scheme for all employees.
The mission for this role
Develop and manage our “open core” product GTM strategy.
- Improve a highly-scalable light touch customer journey for our open-source users.
- Streamline the customer journey from open-source community adopter, then evangelist, to enterprise customer
- Balance the multiple product maps in both open-source and enterprise in collaboration with internal and external teams
Scale the Seldon platform
- Build on v1.0 of the enterprise product; testing, optimising for growth on a global basis
- Acting as the product evangelist, to inform the sales and marketing teams of product vision and latest developments
Balance commercial, customer groups and engineering needs and priorities
- Align with the overall GTM strategy through collaboration with the CTO, CEO and commercial teams.
- Player coach and team leadership responsibility for the product function, as it grows
Be an external product evangelist for Seldon
- Build relationships with industry analysts, eg Gartner, customers and adopters
What you will do in the role
- Develop the strategy and getting feedback to improve the product roadmap.
- Get involved in strategic partnerships which could accelerate scale up of the platform.
- Market analysis of trends that could impact the product roadmap and positioning.
- Leadership team collaboration, with Board when appropriate.
- Influence and build credibility as a trusted advisor to the sales and marketing team, with industry experts and directly with customers.
What you will be judged on
- Increased conversion rate from open-source to enterprise
- Increase in open-source and commercial customer evangelists
- Increased presence and credibility with industry analysts
- Recognised as a trusted, collaborator to the CTO on the technical vision and CEO on defining clear growth strategy
- Known as a player coach and humble influencer, across all functions in Seldon
Who we are looking for
- Successfully scaled a product from early release to a scaled platform. 0-100 enterprise customers
- Been part of an early-stage, fast growing, agile culture
- Proven track record of evangelising and converting different stakeholders
- Analytical approach to customer feedback which has resulted in improving the product roadmap
- Strong technical understanding of the tech stack (dev ops, ML, cloud/enterprise infrastructure)
- Experience of GTM for open-source
- Managing a small team
What you need to be great at
- Persuasive influencer; builds rapport and trust, highly presentable with good communication and interpersonal skills across a number of stakeholder groups
- High EQ with great listening skills, asks great questions, motivation to understand the needs and wants of others
- Problem solving aptitude - able to conduct research to define problems and create solutions. Makes the complex more simple.
- Strategic thinking about continuous improvement
- Leadership and team spirit - a great individual contributor who is more motivated by leading the team to achieve
- Bias to action
- Calculated risk taking
- Constructively tough minded
- Pragmatically inclusive
- Highly adaptable