CS Genetics is developing pathbreaking new technology for genomics, based on foundational scientific insights and sophisticated conceptual innovations in NGS techniques. Our work will accelerate basic biologic research and enable lifesaving new clinical diagnostics. We have an extremely skilled team, a large global intellectual property estate, and amongst the most inventive, ambitious technology roadmaps in life science.
We’re developing a radically-new, instrument-free platform for single-cell sequencing with disruptive throughput and experimental ease. We’re growing our team to help launch a new era of NGS-based cellular analysis for fundamental research and for patient care.
We’re looking for an exceptionally driven and versatile Chief of Staff to partner with our executive leadership as we scale our organisation within the UK and internationally. Reporting directly to the Founder/Chief Executive, the CoS will develop a granular understanding of key corporate priorities, and tackle a wide variety of internal and outward-facing tasks to propel our business forward and drive efficient execution.
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious risk-taker with substantive experience and talents in high-powered corporate/commercial environments; they will have a keen professional interest in high-growth startups (operations, strategy, finance), and a keen personal interest in applying their skillset to address extremely meaningful scientific and humanitarian challenges.
Prior background in life science not required; however, the CoS will organically build comprehensive knowledge of life science/biotech and the genomics industry specifically (companies, technologies, markets/applications, regulatory) through the position itself.
The CoS will join at a major inflexion point for our organisation as we begin our exit from stealth mode, scale our team in the UK and internationally, and position ourselves for an aggressive commercial/growth trajectory in genomics research tools and then in applied clinical diagnostics.
The CoS will be a direct on-the-ground partner to the CEO and will have significant involvement across the full breadth and depth of executive-leadership functions.
- Create leverage for the CEO by acting as a broad force-multiplier across diverse executive/operational tasks
- Design and execution of Special Projects (e.g. operational, strategic, BD, finance/fundraising)
- Drive our monthly and quarterly strategic-planning process; OKR development, tracking, and reporting
- Manage preparations/logistics for key stakeholder meetings (e.g. investors, corporate partners, major hires)
- Ensure efficient communication (channels/cadence) between the CEO and other teammembers
- Act as an intellectual sparring partner to the CEO for purposes of strategy, planning, and execution
Skills and Background
- Raw intellectual horsepower, attention to detail, and a ceaseless, self-starting ‘get-it-done’ attitude
- Extremely strong business acumen and qualitative/quantitative analytical skills
- Comfort with high-pressure, time-sensitive, complex, and rapidly-evolving situations
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation-based communication skills
- Significant interpersonal skills/emotional intelligence and an ability to ‘speak different languages’
- We are agnostic as to specific professional backgrounds/experience; however, our expectation is that a representative candidate will have 5+ years experience in one or more high-powered corporate environments/roles (e.g. strategy consulting, investment banking, high-growth startup, operations/commercial/BD in an established corporate, or similar)
- Applicants of any backgrounds who feel well-suited for the challenges and opportunities of the role are encouraged to apply.