CS Genetics is developing pathbreaking new technology for genomics, based on foundational scientific insights and sophisticated conceptual innovations in NGS techniques. Our work will accelerate basic biologic research and enable lifesaving new clinical diagnostics. We have an extremely skilled team, a large global intellectual property estate, and amongst the most inventive, ambitious technology roadmaps in life science.
We’re developing a radically-new, instrument-free platform for single-cell sequencing with disruptive throughput and experimental ease. We’re growing our Cambridge R&D team to help launch a new era of NGS-based cellular analysis.
We’re looking for an exceptional and audacious bioinformatician to join our NGS R&D team. The ideal candidate will be a rigorous, analytical, organised coder; they will have significant experience designing, implementing, and evaluating bioinformatic pipelines for complex NGS technologies/assays; they will have a keen professional interest in applying their expertise to radically innovative technology development in genomics; and they will have a keen personal interest in saving and extending lives through life science R&D.
- Design, implement, assess, and optimise sophisticated pipelines and algorithms for processing and visualising new types of large-scale, high-dimension NGS data, and drawing actionable biological insights therefrom
- Advance complex R&D roadmaps via fast-turnaround prototyping of NGS pipelines for exploratory analyses
- Help establish the intellectual foundations and computational infrastructure for complex global technology projects across both fundamental research and clinical applications
- Work with a broader, integrated team of laboratory and data scientists developing major new genomics tech
- Communicate internally and with external partners via oral updates, written reports, and technical meetings
Required Skills and Background
- Raw intellectual horsepower and significant experience as a creative, dedicated, and fearless bioinformatician
- Very strong independent programming ability (particularly in Python and/or R, or an ability to rapidly self-teach)
- Experience with common NGS bioinformatics tools (e.g. BWA, SAMtools, etc) and with complex NGS pipelines for major applications (e.g. epigenomics, single-cell or multi-omic analyses, liquid biopsy signal-processing, etc)
- Broad scientific knowledgebase relevant to NGS/genomics (e.g. molecular/cellular biology; genetics/inherited disease; oncology; immunology)
- Enthusiasm for a demanding, fast-paced R&D role in a small-startup environment
Desired Skills and Background
- 3+ years experience performing ground-up development of novel bioinformatic pipelines/statistical frameworks for complex NGS assays/workflows in fundamental research and/or translational applications
- PhD/DPhil in genomics/bioinformatics, molecular biology/biochemistry, bioengineering, computational biology, computer science, pure/applied maths, physics, electrical engineering, or similar is preferred but not required
- Peer-reviewed publications and/or patent applications in bioinformatics/genomics, molecular biology, or similar
- An interest in complex, conceptually-novel life science technologies