Senior Frontend Engineer for cutting edge AI Platform
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional frontend developer to join our team of highly talented scientists, designers and engineers at the cutting edge of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, developing web-based user interfaces for this.
Imagine yourself working with UX Designers to use your data visualisation experience to build tools providing insight into the Big Data being processed; or working with Platform Engineers to use your web-application development experience, to build dynamic pages for orchestrating the execution and monitoring of large-scale cloud-based processes; or working with ML Researchers to provide interfaces for running and interpreting experiments.
You'll be an integral part of a small, agile team that drives the direction and design of our systems while focusing on quality.
Between solving problems, you can catch up with other team members over a delicious breakfast or free Friday lunch, take a walk for inspiration at the nearby Cambridge Botanic Gardens and attend a Monday evening yoga class to set you up for the week ahead.
What will you be responsible for?
- Collaborate closely with UX designers, product managers, developers and machine learning experts to take projects through from early prototypes to product releases
- Design and create high quality web applications and supporting interfaces as part of an Agile team
- Review designs and code produced by colleagues, providing constructive feedback
- Help improve our software development tools and processes
- Continuously develop your own engineering skills and help others to improve theirs
What skills, experience and qualifications will you need to succeed in this role?
- Some software development experience in a commercial environment
- Server-side development
- Experience developing single page applications
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience with
- Modern frameworks (e.g. React, Angular, Vue.js or similar)
- In-browser state management systems (e.g. Redux, Flux or similar)
- Building Web APIs
- JS build systems (e.g. Parcel, Webpack, Grunt or Gulp) and CSS tooling (e.g. CSS Modules, SASS, LESS or similar)
- Knowledge of developing for large scale distributed systems, Big Data or financial markets an advantage
- Experience working on browser-based data visualisation is a plus
- Experience with automated testing in a frontend context (e.g. unit tests, integration tests)
One of the great things about working at PROWLER.io is that we prioritise your learning and development as well as knowledge transfer, that’s why we’re looking for someone who is proactive about improving their engineering and ML knowledge and works on their learning by identifying relevant courses, conferences or pursuing self-study as needed. In return, we will make sure you have the time and resources to do this. We encourage knowledge sharing through regular seminars, lightning talks and training days we also host and attend local meet ups.
We are a world-class, cross-disciplinary team of researchers, engineers and product managers in Cambridge, UK, the global centre of AI excellence, combining branches of mathematics and engineering in ways that have never been done before. This integrated approach - and our industry-leading research credentials - gives us a unique competitive advantage.
We take pride in our diversity, valuing the experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our organisation. Our team of over 100 talented people from all over the globe consists of almost 30 different nationalities and we are growing. We are collaborative, innovative, ambitious, optimistic and curious.
We believe AI is valuable only when it enables better decisions. We want to ensure that business is powered by people; empowered by AI.
We offer flexible working opportunities as well as a competitive benefits package that includes company stock options, healthcare, various foodie goodies and a variety of other wellbeing options.