About the placement
This is an exciting opportunity to join us as a placement student and work with our outstanding team and make your mark on the international machine learning research arena. We have 12 placements available throughout the year within our research areas.
Here are links to possible projects where you can get involved:
PROWLER.io is home to a world-class, cross-disciplinary team of researchers and engineers in Cambridge, UK, the global centre of AI excellence. As a member of PROWLER.io’s research team, you will be contributing to our research and developing algorithms that will be used in products with our existing and future customers.
Led by Professor Carl Rasmussen and Dr James Hensman, the team publishes findings at top ML venues including NeurIPS, ICML, JMLR and ICLR (Click here to learn more). We collaborate with and are advised by ML leaders including Prof Marc Deisenroth, Prof David Leslie and Prof Sean Meyn. The team focuses on probabilistic machine learning, model based reinforcement learning and decision making in complex environments.
What will you be responsible for?
- You will conduct a three month research placement as part of one of our research teams
- You will produce research code that may become part of PROWLER.io's ML platform, or part of an open source project
- You will write a short report on your research, with a view to submission as a workshop paper at an ML conference
- You will participate in and engage with research activities within the company including seminars, research meetings and discussions.
What skills, experience and qualifications are we looking for?
- You’re currently part of a PhD program in machine learning
- Strong programming skills in python/tensorflow
- Written scientific communication skills, e.g. through publication at a machine learning conference.
To apply, please provide
- A copy of your CV
- Evidence of your research experience (e.g. publications or links to submitted work)
- A one-page project proposal outlining your intended research and how it fits with the work at PROWLER.io or let us know which of our projects in the link above you’d like to work on.
Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) - We will require a signed agreement from your University assigning the ownership of any IP generated during the course of your placement to PROWLER.io. It is recommended that you make contact with an authorised signatory at your University early in the application process to minimise any delays.
We are a world-class, cross-disciplinary team of researchers, engineers and product managers in Cambridge, UK, the global centre of AI excellence, combining branches of mathematics and engineering in ways that have never been done before. This integrated approach - and our industry-leading research credentials - gives us a unique competitive advantage.
We take pride in our diversity, valuing the experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our organisation. Our team of over 100 talented people from all over the globe consists of almost 30 different nationalities and we are growing. We are collaborative, innovative, ambitious, optimistic and curious.
We believe AI is valuable only when it enables better decisions. We want to ensure that business is powered by people; empowered by AI.