In this newly created role, you will be responsible for market and competitive intelligence related to PROWLER.io solutions and products, including support for teams working in the areas of Supply Chain and Logistics. This includes developing, managing and executing internal and external programs to capture, process, and deliver information crucial to achieving PROWLER.io product and business objectives.
This is an exciting opportunity to come and make a role your own. Shape opportunities and see the impact you make on the business.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain Product Management, you will work closely with the product management and business development functions, and develop strong relationships with other key stakeholders across the organisation. When appropriate, the person in this role will commission and manage external contractors and suppliers, as well as carrying out investigations on their own.
What will you be responsible for?
- Plan and manage market intelligence and competitive analysis initiatives to ensure accurate information is available to teams working on Supply Chain and Logistics and broader AI decision making solutions, products and platform development.
- Maintain an understanding of AI and machine learning industry trends that affect the company, our products and our clients, and make recommendations for competitive positioning, product differentiation and expanded market
- Serve as the subject matter expert on key competitors’ product, business and marketing strategies; Maintain a high level of knowledge and awareness and bring relevant competitive moves to the attention of stakeholders across the organisation via reports and presentations.
- Build and maintain a database of competitor profiles, products and known roadmaps.
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of regular market overview documents to inform planning activity within the Supply Chain and Logistics business area.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do you need to succeed in this role?
A proven track record
- You’ve worked in a technology-focused market intelligence role conducting competitive analysis and working within product management/marketing or similar
- You will be motivated by designing and executing successful investigation plans that result in impactful product and business decisions
Research, design and execution
- You will have your finger on the pulse and be able to identify valuable and credible sources of market intelligence, and build, manage and nurture relationships with them.
- Analyzing markets, products, and competitors, and making complex information accessible to non-specialist audience will be second nature to you.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out both desk research and field research
- You’ll enjoy organising and project managing and will be a completer finisher.
Ability to engage with multiple audiences and listen well
- You’ll be able to collaborate and communicate with technical and non-technical audiences at different levels and you’ll be happy to present your findings internally.
- You’ll be able to absorb information well and listen for clues, noticing things others might not
- You’ll be experienced at briefing and managing external collaborators for market investigative activities
You combine an enterprise toolkit with a startup mindset
- You’ll be comfortable working alone as well as part of a dynamic team and you’ll thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will be proactive at recommending what you need to do your job. In return, we will make sure you have the time, development and resources to do this. One of the great things about working at PROWLER.io is that we prioritise your learning and development as well as knowledge transfer. We have regular seminars, lightning talks and training days as well as the opportunity to attend conferences and pursue self-study.
- BA or BS in business administration, marketing, or similar area or equivalent experience
Great to haves
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Experience working in fast-growing, dynamic technology start ups
- Knowledge of or experience working with Supply Chain Management or Logistics companies, consultants and technologies.
- Knowledge of or experience working in AI & Machine Learning, preferably in SaaS or AIaaS companies
We are world-class, cross-disciplinary team of researchers, engineers and product managers in Cambridge, UK, the global centre of AI excellence, combining branches of mathematics and engineering in ways that have never been done before. This integrated approach - and our industry-leading research credentials - gives us a unique competitive advantage.
We take pride in our diversity, valuing the experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our organisation. Our team of over 100 talented people from all over the globe consists of almost 30 different nationalities and we are growing. We are collaborative, innovative, ambitious, optimistic and curious.
We believe AI is valuable only when it enables better decisions. We want to ensure that business is powered by people; empowered by AI.
We offer flexible working opportunities as well as a competitive benefits package that includes company stock options, healthcare, various foodie goodies and a variety of other wellbeing options.