Purpose of the role
We are looking to hire an accomplished and resourceful user experience designer to join our growing UX team. Working closely with our customers and together with our highly talented researchers, engineers and product managers, we aim to become the makers, doers and thought leaders of the Human/AI decision-making experience.
This is an opportunity to put your design flair, craft and insight together and work on complex problems that define the human experience with our AI empowered technologies for business.
The team currently consists of a core of three in-house designers and researchers and a wider community of practice including agencies and freelancers. Positioned within the product function the team will soon have a leadership sponsor in VP of Product and Marketing. You are supported by a Head of UX, who’s committed to champion design practice at all levels and instances in the company.
Embedded to an Agile product team you can own the UX for a specific domain or author a design system for our product and through the UX Guild and other initiatives influence company-wide adoption of design thinking and user-centred processes. With a mindset of continuous improvement, you are encouraged to shape our ways of working and progress company’s design practice and UX maturity.
Your main responsibilities
- Design, define and effectively communicate user experience for our AI empowered products
- Collaborate with developers, product managers on delivery
- Promote user-centred thinking within the company
- Operationalise design by co-authoring the PROWLER.io design system and creating new shared resources
- Collaborate with user researchers
What makes you successful in this role
- Keen instincts on users’ needs and how to respond to user insight
- Ability to form effective working relationships based on mutual trust and respect, with developers, product managers, account managers and customers
- Product mindset, always thinking design solutions in a larger context and evolution
- Systems thinking, willingness to embrace complexity
- Team ethos, focusing on collective outcomes
- Self-awareness, knowing when to take charge and when to ask for support
- Compelling presentation, facilitation and storytelling skills
- Well-rounded design toolbox from paper / whiteboard sketching to quick prototyping and from guerilla testing to authoring of design guidelines
- Multi-modal attitude towards user experience, not limited to GUIs
- Experience with end to end user journeys
- Extensive experience in designing software products
- Experience in working in multidisciplinary teams in Agile environment
- Degree in design
The interview process consists of two stages: a phone interview and then of an on-site day with a candidate presentation and four individual interviews.
**Please include a link to your portfolio**
We are a world-class, cross-disciplinary team of researchers, engineers and product managers in Cambridge, UK, the global centre of AI excellence, combining branches of mathematics and engineering in ways that have never been done before. This integrated approach - and our industry-leading research credentials - gives us a unique competitive advantage.
One of the great things about working at PROWLER.io is that we prioritise your learning and development as well as knowledge transfer, that’s why we’re looking for someone who is proactive about improving their engineering and ML knowledge and works on their learning by identifying relevant courses, conferences or pursuing self-study as needed. In return, we will make sure you have the time and resources to do this. We encourage knowledge sharing through regular seminars, lightning talks and training days we also host and attend local meet ups.
We take pride in our diversity, valuing the experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our organisation. Our team of over 100 talented people from all over the globe consists of almost 30 different nationalities and we are growing. We are collaborative, innovative, ambitious, optimistic and curious.
We believe AI is valuable only when it enables better decisions. We want to ensure that business is powered by people; empowered by AI.
We offer flexible working opportunities as well as a competitive benefits package that includes company stock options, healthcare, various foodie goodies and a variety of other wellbeing options.