Based in Hampton (New Hampshire, US)
Who we’re looking for
XMOS is looking for a software engineer to join the team in our Hampton Office. You could work on a wide variety of tasks across our entire machine learning inference stack. Qualified candidates should hold a BS or above in Computer Science or a related discipline and have several of the skills listed below.
- Strong C/C++ and Python programming skills;
- Experience with embedded systems and hardware;
- Working knowledge of Git.
- Familiarity with deploying machine learning on embedded devices using TensorFlow Lite or similar framework;
- Experience training models using machine learning frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch or MXNet;
- Experience optimizing code to run on GPU, DSP or neural processors;
- Experience with real-time operating systems like FreeRTOS or ThreadX;
- Experience with unit tests and Test Driven Development;
- An understanding of Continuous Integration systems.
You’ll need to be self-directed, proactive and able to work independently; you’ll enjoy solving day-to-day problems with limited direction.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Software design and implementation;
- Collaboration in the team’s agile planning processes;
- Code reviews and support for other development on going within the team;
- Collaboration with engineers from a range of disciplines to deliver production ready systems.
We’re a global business, headquartered in Bristol, UK, with offices across Asia and the United States; and we’re backed by some of the best names in high tech venture capital.
With a 10-year pedigree in Hi-Res and multichannel USB audio solutions, XMOS is at the forefront of the far-field voice interface market, with the most qualified, most comprehensive range. Adopted by leading brands, our high-performance, easily integrated solutions are transforming consumers’ interactions with everyday devices.
As a deep tech company working to develop more natural human machine interfaces, we’re always looking for questioning, flexible and determined people to help make that happen. Ours is a learning environment, which means we hire for capability and potential – and help you to achieve your best.
About our technology
XMOS is a fabless semiconductor company with a unique micro-controller design, underpinned by our own in-house tools.
Our approach to multi-core, highly parallel stream processing enables our software team to develop highly efficient “at the edge” intelligent sensor applications.
Today, we deliver best in class voice capture – detecting voice commands accurately, from across the room – even in busy environments when the person is speaking softly. And we’re building for a more natural human machine interface tomorrow.