VP of Finance at Lumeon
Boston, MA, US
Lumeon provides Care Pathway Management (CPM) solutions that enable healthcare organizations to efficiently coordinate healthcare delivery and quickly launch next-generation care experiences. Its industry-leading automation platform acts as the ‘auto-pilot’ for healthcare delivery, automatically handling routine care tasks, communicating with patients along the way, while assisting care teams to focus their time on those most at risk. Care teams are prompted to make decisions, take control and intervene when required. Lumeon’s CPM platform also seamlessly integrates and compliments provider investments in their Electronic Health Record (EHR) system.
More than 70 progressive health systems in the USA and Europe have deployed Lumeon’s multi-award-winning platform.
The Vice President of Finance will serve as the strategic right hand to Lumeon’s CFO and as a critical partner to the leadership team. The new VP of Finance role will shape, lead, and expand the company’s Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function, process, and team, supporting organic and acquisitive growth and outstanding shareholder results. The VP of Finance will have experience and comfort working within a fast-paced, high growth, venture-backed environment and be very familiar with a SaaS based revenue model. Success will result from leading the planning team and partnering with operations to drive efficiencies and to deliver on growth initiatives. In addition to serving as a key advisor to the CFO, this role will also support the company’s US Sales operation, working closely with the Chief Revenue Officer to ensure proper tracking, incentive modeling and detailed pipeline forecasting. The role will have overall responsibility for Lumeon’s FP&A function and will be operationally focused and data driven.
Key responsibilities include:
As the core FP&A leader in the company, the VP of Finance will:
· Partner with the CFO and executive management team, directors, and stakeholders across the business to bring visibility, metrics, analysis, and decision support tools to drive growth and profitability.
· Bring a financial lens to the company’s operations, providing cross-functional partners with the analytics and financial analysis needed for them to achieve financial commitments, increase the pace of results, and unlock unseen potential.
· Provide analysis and interpretation of monthly/quarterly operating results and financial condition for the executive leadership team while proactively identifying opportunities for value creation and profit improvement.
· Lead the development and presentation of business plans, including the annual strategic plan and operating plan to the executive leadership team, board, and private equity investors.
· Identify, maintain, and fortify projections of performance and cash flow to support activities relating to financing, acquisitions, and compliance requirements.
· Work with the team to help establish scalable processes related to all financial matters, including pricing and contracting.
· Work closely with the CFO to improve financial metrics and key business analysis that drive increased financial insights into the business, profit drivers, the marketplace, and strategic growth opportunities.
· Assist in preparing analysis, commentary, and presentation material for monthly and quarterly financial review meetings.
· Work with Legal to ensure that contracts with customers and outside vendors serve the needs of the company and are consistent with its goals.
· Ensure customer quoting and contracting efficiently achieves the objectives of the company; that pricing and use policies are fairly applied while maintaining a collaborative relationship with the sales team
To be successful you will bring these qualities and experience:
The ideal candidate will align well with Lumeon and its executive leadership team. Specifically, the desired candidate will possess:
· 15+ years of finance leadership experience with quantifiable accomplishments improving economic results and financial operations and partnering across the business to enable growth.
· A strong business acumen and experience in a subscription business SaaS software model.
· Outstanding forecasting, planning, analytic skills. Core to this will be deep experience leading strategic planning and leveraging financial tools and discipline to drive economic performance in a technology and business services environment.
· Pre-emptive strategic foresight, good judgment based on historical experience, and an operational mindset. Proficient in driving short and long-term budgeting and forecasting, financial modeling, and rolling forecasts.
· Proven interpersonal and team building skills and a demonstrated ability to assist the CFO in the formulation, enablement, and execution of growth-oriented business plans.
· A strong track record delivering metrics-based financial analysis and planning utilizing measurable performance indicators focused on ROI, profitability, and growth.
· An open, engaging, and culturally aligned leadership style; upbeat, optimistic, high pace, high-integrity, performance-driven, respectful, reliable, and trustworthy.
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. A bright, engaging, active listener who brings value, candor, intelligence and good-will to interactions and relationships at all levels.
· A strong sense of urgency and self-direction with the initiative to identify and anticipate future needs of the company. The ability to provide (and receive) direct and honest input and feedback to (and from) all levels.
· Ability to manage competing priorities effectively, making good decisions based on business priorities and objectives.
· A Bachelor’s degree is required with an MBA preferred.
Lumeon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment without regard to ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, veteran status, neurodiversity status, disability status or any other basis protected by applicable law.