Senior Software Engineer at Lumeon
Lumeon provides Care Pathway Management (CPM) solutions that enable healthcare organizations to efficiently coordinate healthcare delivery and quickly launch next-generation care experiences. Its industry-leading automation platform acts as the ‘auto-pilot’ for healthcare delivery, automatically handling routine care tasks, communicating with patients along the way, while assisting care teams to focus their time on those most at risk. Care teams are prompted to make decisions, take control and intervene when required. Lumeon’s CPM platform also seamlessly integrates and compliments provider investments in their Electronic Health Record (EHR) system.
More than 70 progressive health systems in the USA and Europe have deployed Lumeon’s multi-award-winning platform.
You will work within a cross-functional software engineering team to further develop our world class, web-based, healthcare platform.
- Working alongside an experienced team of developers and software architects to implement features, resolve bugs and develop technical improvements
- Following Agile development methodologies to deliver high quality, working software on a timely basis
- Performing code reviews and contributing to technical design discussions and workshops
- Working with the broader business, including QA and Product teams, in a professional and adaptable manner, to ensure the completion of projects in line with customer and business expectations
- Assisting and training junior developers where required
Essential Skills & Experience
- A background in computer science and/or software engineering
- Extensive professional experience working as a back-end developer on enterprise level, object orientated PHP applications.
- Comfortable working as part of an Agile team, in a collaborative environment where sharing of ideas and working together is encouraged.
- Able to solve complex business problems using PHP code
- A strong grasp of object orientated programming principles, patterns and practices.
- Recent and substantial experience using the Symfony framework (v3 or above), or an equivalent MVC framework
- A good understanding of both monolithic and distributed Web application architecture, including the HTTP protocol, session management, APIs and authentication.
- Experience using BASH, Vagrant/Docker and GIT on a daily basis
- A good level of fluency in SQL, familiarity with database administration and optimisation
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Testing frameworks such as PHPUnit and Codeception
- Prior experience with other programming languages. The ability and willingness to pick up new languages quickly when required will be a definite bonus.
- Experience building highly scalable applications using appropriate technologies such as queues would be advantageous.
- Experience of other relevant technologies, such as CI, build and test automation (Jenkins)
- Familiarity with the Atlassian suite of software including Jira, Bitbucket and Confluence
- Fluency in English (written/oral)
- Innovative and collaborative mind-set
- Honest and accountable
- Customer and business orientated
Lumeon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment without regard to ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, veteran status, neurodiversity status, disability status or any other basis protected by applicable law.