Business Development Representative at Seldon
Chicago, IL, US
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to join the Seldon rocket ship! Your role will be to qualify inbound leads as well as seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential and existing customers.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads, outbound activity and hitting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers being their first contact and progress them through to a demonstration with the solutions and account teams.
Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth. You will be working within the US division, supplying qualified opportunities to your line manager and account team. If you are motivated and results-driven, and think you would thrive in the fast paced start-up environment, with huge potential for career growth - we’d like to meet you.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns and inbound forms as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls, Linkedin and emails
- Present our company to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Executives
- Report to the Sales Director on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Representative, Telesales or similar role
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas and targets
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
The Seldon Story
We can trace our roots back to 2011, a talented multidisciplinary team in London and Cambridge and a content recommendation engine that reached hundreds of millions of users.
We wanted to go further, so we founded Seldon Technologies Ltd in 2014 with a simple aim: to accelerate the adoption of machine learning to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. We make this happen by democratising technologies that were once the preserve of tech giants – and putting them in everyone’s hands.
Seldon is a recognised leader in the Machine Learning Deployment space and is already working with some of the largest FTSE 500 companies. Our leadership and vision is represented across industry events and meet ups as well as the highest levels of Parliamentary advisory. Our open source platform has over 5 million unique downloads and we seen month on month growth of users per week of the platform. Our enterprise product, Seldon Deploy, will be the key focus of your role - allow companies to deploy Machine Learning models at scale with advanced capabilities, metrics and tooling.
In addition to a very competitive compensation plan, you’ll receive access to private health care, discounted memberships and services and an EMI share scheme for all employees.