CTT is a fast-growing and exciting VC-backed company that is a leading provider of UltraTouch technologies to the consumer electronics, automotive, and industrial markets. We work with Tier 1 OEMs who adopt our technologies into their products worldwide.
For this role, we are looking for an Analogue/Mixed Signal ASIC Engineer who will be responsible for block-level and chip-level design and verification. You will have ownership from concept to production silicon, including involvement in design specification, architectural development, transistor and top-level design, analogue and mixed-signal simulation, layout, review and sign-off. Your work will have the potential to shape the way CTT’s IP is developing and to bring CTT’s partners’ and customers’ products to market.
The successful candidate must both collaborate effectively as part of a team of highly-skilled multi-disciplinary engineers, and proactively plan and execute their own work with minimal supervision. We’re seeking highly motivated and self-starting problem solvers who have a natural desire to innovate and get the job done, whatever it takes.
As an Analogue/Mixed Signal ASIC Engineer, the key skills and qualities required are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering (or similar) to at least 2.1 level, or equivalent practical experience
- At least five years of relevant industry experience or equivalent (or at least three years with PhD degree)
- Strong analogue and mixed signal circuits design skills including:
-Analysing system requirements and defining specifications for analogue designs
-Designing, verifying and implementing chip-level circuits and performing simulations using state-of-the-art EDA tools
-Tape-out experience of low-power/low-noise analog building blocks (I.e. bandgap reference, switched capacitor amplifier, etc.)
-Layout of analog circuits, either through direct activities or support to layout engineers
-Developing mixed–signal behavioral models for validation of architectural choices
-Documentation of all design related issues and contributing to datasheets, architectural specifications and development plans.
-Working with external design houses on implementation, simulation, layout and validation
-Supporting silicon validation and debugging
-Contributing to the development of CTT’s intellectual property portfolio
- Exceptional analytical and organisational skills, coupled with attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written English, with clear communication skills and an understanding of good documentation practices
And some beneficial skills (not essential) may involve:
- Master’s degree or higher in a related field
- At least ten years of relevant work experience
- Experience with piezoelectric devices and/or touch screen technology
- Experience of ADC design
The candidate must be prepared to get hands-on and contribute in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with a passionate team of engineers.