Fluidic Analytics is an exciting, dynamic company, with headquarters in Cambridge, UK. A spin out of Cambridge University, our products and services are based on a fundamentally new technology platform that quantifies protein interactions in-solution and in complex backgrounds. This platform gives our customers access to unique insights into protein behaviour that are not accessible using other approaches. We believe that quantitative analysis of protein interactions is the next frontier in biological understanding, and that our technology is uniquely positioned to deliver lasting change in human health.
We are now expanding into the US market and so are looking for driven, results oriented and customer focused individuals who will deliver excellence, continue to grow our customer base, and contribute to the further success of our business.
As Field Application Scientist, you will be the technical face of Fluidic Analytics, demonstrating the value of the Company’s novel technology, driving sales through effective technical interactions, and supporting customers in the field as they develop their applications. As our first FAS in the United States this is a unique opportunity to contribute to our organizations’ growth and success in the United States, and progress your career into leadership if so desired.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Be the technical representative of the Company prior to sales – working with potential customers to ensure their understanding, adoption and success with our technology;
- Organise and execute instrument demonstrations on customer sites, working with technical team to ensure customer requirements can be met on the day.
- Manage the Fluidic Analytics demo lab space in the Woburn office, and when required perform instrument demonstrations in-house.
- Perform routine maintenance on the east coast US demo instruments at regular intervals.
- When required, run customer samples to ensure our products can deliver the customer’s expectations prior to a demo.
- Keep Sales team and CRM up to date with information about customer interactions
- Work with Sales, Marketing and R&D to continually improve the effectiveness of demos, ensuring best possible chance of winning business.
- Participate in conferences and workshops to broaden the overview of the potential applications.
Maintain and build on the Company’s in-depth understanding of the capabilities of its products and technologies, to ensure the company remains at the leading edge of innovation;
- Use interactions with customers and the market to assist the Marketing team in formulating sales strategies and assess their ongoing effectiveness.
- Work with Marketing to proactively maintain an overview of the capabilities of competitors and develop strategies to manage these.
- Make recommendations to implement and improve the Company’s product designs and development strategies based on a deep understanding of a broad range of relevant applications.
You’ve Got This Covered:
- PhD or equivalent experience in biophysics, biochemistry, or similar fields
- Experience working in an SME (small to medium-sized enterprise) beneficial but not essential
- Experience working in a Field Application capacity within the protein characterization space beneficial but not essential
- Attention to detail – ensuring all customer interactions are executed flawlessly
- Problem solver - independent and creative in finding solutions and identifying opportunities
- Must be willing to travel (50% or more of time),
- Full driving license
- Exemplify our company values and guiding principles
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Salary and commission plan
- Car Allowance
- 401k Retirement plan
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- High quality medical insurance including vision and dental
- Inclusive team environment where your contribution will truly make a difference
- Our USA Office is located in Woburn, Massachusetts
- This role reports to the Head of Technical Support and will work closely with the Sales Team
At Fluidic Analytics we value people for who they are and the contribution they make. An Equal Employment Opportunity employer, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive working environment where all qualified applications are welcomed regardless of gender, race, religion, age, socio-economic background, disability, sexual or gender orientation.