Software Engineer (MLOps / Machine Learning) at Seldon
London, GB / Cambridge, GB
Seldon is looking for talented software engineers to join our team.
We are focused on making it easy for machine learning models to be deployed and managed at scale in production. We provide Cloud Native products that run on top of Kubernetes and are open-core with several successful open source projects including Seldon Core, Alibi:Explain and Alibi:Detect. We also contribute to open source projects under the Kubeflow umbrella including KFServing.
About the role
- Help realise the product vision: Production-ready machine learning models within moments, not months. Our products make enterprise-grade MLOps easy.
- Help design, build and extend Seldon's core product range of MLOps (Machine learning operations) tools and products.
- Help enterprises deploy their machine learning models at scale across a wide range of use-cases and sectors.
- Extend the state of the art in the developing area of MLOps including:
- Managing the production lifecycle of ML models from initial deployment, to testing and updating of the next iteration.
- Monitoring ML models in production.
- Explaining and ensuring correct governance of ML models in production.
- A degree or higher level academic background in a scientific or engineering subject.
- Familiarity with linux based development.
- At least 2 years of experience in industry or academia showing completed projects.
- Interest in MLOps.
Core skills (existing experience or a demonstrable desire to learn)
- Experience with GoLang and/or Python.
- Experience with Kubernetes and the ecosystem of Cloud Native tools.
- Experience using machine learning tools in production.
- Contributions to open source projects
- A broad understanding of data science and machine learning.
- Understanding of explainable AI or machine learning monitoring in production.
- Familiarity with Kubeflow, MLFlow or Sagemaker.
- Familiarity with python tools for data science.
- London or Cambridge UK offices.
- Post-COVID we will transition to mixed home/office work so your location should be within commute of one of our two UK locations.
- We can provide Visa sponsorship.
- Share options to align you with the long-term success of the company.
- Exciting phase of a start-up with an ambitious team and unlimited potential for professional growth.
- Health benefits.
- Our interview process is normally 4 filtered stages:
- a 30min phone interview.
- a coding task.
- 2-3 hours of post-task interview.
- final interviews.
- Our recruitment process has an average length of 3 weeks.
- As part of the process we will identify which part of the tech team fits your skills and interests more closely: product, delivery, MLOps. However, as we are a small team, all our employees are very cross functional and roles develop based on skills, interests and ongoing projects.