XMOS is a UK based fabless semiconductor company. Our multicore microcontrollers can be found in millions of devices, from robotics to voice assistants, e-bikes to conference systems. Our processor architecture uniquely provides the flexibility of an FPGA, delivers predictable hard real-time DSP and the acceleration of vector processing required to run today’s AI applications.
We are now embarking on the design of our 4th generation processor, targeting energy efficient edge-AIoT for smart consumer devices.
Join the team
You will join our Technology team, report to our CTO, and be based in our Bristol (UK) office.
Playing a pivotal role in developing our AI-tools, your responsibilities will include:
- Work on machine learning model deployment tools for edge devices.
- Design, implementation, and testing of ML model optimisation tools.
- Automated test implementation.
- Code reviews and support for other development ongoing within the team.
- Collaboration with engineers from a range of disciplines to deliver complete, production ready tools.
What we are looking for
Collaborating with your team in Bristol and New Hampshire, Boston, you’ll need to be self-directed, proactive, and able to work independently.
Essential skills include:
- Excellent C++ skills.
- Object-oriented design.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Git, testing, continuous integration.
Experience and/or interest in any of the following is beneficial:
- Compiler writing expertise.
- LLVM experience.
- Embedded systems.
- TensorFlow, TensorFlow Lite.
You will hold a BSc or above in Computer Science or a related discipline. We expect you to have 2-5 years of experience with C++, but we will be happy to talk to fresh graduates with exceptional skills.
XMOS is a global business, headquartered in Bristol (UK), with offices across Asia and the United States; and backed by some of the biggest names in high-tech venture capital.
XMOS stands at the interface between voice processing and artificial intelligence. A leading supplier of voice and audio solutions for the consumer and commercial electronics market, our unique silicon architecture and highly differentiated software delivers class-leading far-field voice capture. Our high-performance, easily integrated solutions are transforming consumers’ interactions with everyday devices.
As a deep tech company working to develop more natural human-machine interfaces, we’re always looking for questioning, flexible and determined people to help make that happen. Ours is a learning environment, which means we hire for capability and potential – and help you to achieve your best.
About our technology
XMOS is a fabless semiconductor company with a unique microcontroller design, underpinned by our own in-house tools.
Our approach to multicore, highly parallel stream processing enables our software team to develop highly efficient, “at the edge” intelligent sensor applications.
Today, we deliver best-in-class voice capture – detecting voice commands accurately, from across the room – even in noisy environments. And we’re building for a more natural human-machine interface tomorrow.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working – while the role is based in our Bristol office in the UK, we support flexible working patterns accommodating a mix of home and office-based working.
- Share options – EMI approved share options allocated at a level commensurate to seniority. A 4-year vesting profile with a 1-year cliff.
- Holidays – 25 days paid with an additional 3 days over the Christmas period when the office closes.
- Private medical insurance – membership of the corporate healthcare plan, currently held with AVIVA. Option of adding partner and children if they are residing in the UK (incremental premium must be paid by the Employee.)
- Group income protection cover – the level of benefit payable is 75% of scheme salary and an employee will become entitled to benefit after being unable to work because of sickness or injury for 26 continuous weeks.
- Life insurance – the benefit payable is a lump sum of 4 times scheme salary.
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme – established for employee contributions, with XMOS matching these up to 5% of salary.