Cambridge Touch Technologies Ltd. (“CTT”), recognised as a 2021 Best Startup in Cambridge, UK, as well as one of only 22 European companies named to the 2020 EE Times Silicon 100, is a fast growing and exciting company combining touch, AI, cloud, and edge technologies into its market leading UltraTouch location and force sensing solution. Founded in 2011 as a spin out from the University of Cambridge, and based on the world-renowned Cambridge Science Park, CTT develops and commercialises its patented technology for next generation smart devices and surfaces. Backed by multinational strategic and venture capital investors, and with a strong international team in Asia, Europe and the US, the company is entering an exciting growth stage within our target verticals of consumer electronics, automotive, industrial, and medical markets.
For this role, we are looking for a Senior Analogue Electronics Engineer who will be responsible for creating electronic hardware for CTT’s development projects, demonstrators, prototypes and customer deliverables. You will design, develop, characterise, and test hardware that integrates CTT’s novel sensor technology into complete systems.
The successful candidate must both collaborate effectively as part of a team of highly-skilled multi-disciplinary engineers, and proactively plan and execute their own work with minimal supervision. We’re seeking highly motivated and self-starting problem solvers who have a natural desire to innovate and get the job done, whatever it takes.
As a Senior Analogue Electronics Engineer the key skills and qualities required are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering (or similar qualification) to at least 2.1 level, or equivalent practical experience
- At least eight years of relevant industry experience or equivalent
- Demonstrated electronics design skills in analogue and mixed-signal circuits
- Experience of sensor measurement and low noise design is essential
- Experience using electronics design software
- A thorough understanding of the fundamentals of electronic sensor measurement
- Hands-on experience of prototype development, testing, characterisation, and troubleshooting
- Exceptional analytical and organisational skills, coupled with a well-focused attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written English, with clear communication skills and an understanding of good documentation practices
And some beneficial skills (not essential) may involve:
- Master’s degree or higher in a related field
- Experience with piezoelectric devices and/or touch screen technology
- Experience using Altium software
- Fluent in either Mandarin Chinese or German language
The candidate must be prepared to get hands-on and work in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with a passionate team of engineers. The candidate should possess a strong motivation for start-up culture and success through stock options. There is an excellent potential for professional growth and financial gain.
At Cambridge Touch Technologies Ltd we ensure that our staff receive a competitive rate salary, along with an attractive benefits package.