Fluidic Analytics is an exciting, dynamic company, with headquarters in Cambridge, UK. With close affiliation to Cambridge University, our products and services are based on a fundamentally new technology platform that quantifies protein interactions in-solution and in complex backgrounds. This platform gives our customers access to unique insights into protein behaviour that are not accessible using other approaches. We believe that quantitative analysis of protein interactions is the next frontier in biological understanding, and that our technology is uniquely positioned to deliver lasting change in human health.
We are looking for driven, results oriented and customer focused individuals who will deliver excellence, support the growth of our customer base, and contribute to the further success of our business.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Cloud Engineer to play a leading role in the development of our software services and develop one of the core pillars of our software. You will demonstrate a strong problem solving mindset and work closely with other members of the software team, and colleagues in the wider organisation, writing code to develop cloud and web services. Specifically responsible for implementing the back end of the cloud application focusing back end capability and the relevant business logic.
You've Got This Covered:
- Hands on AWS or Azure skills covering VPC, Security Group and Networking.
- Good understanding of microservices using Docker, event-driven architecture, web security architecture, REST APIs, and other architectural leading patterns
- Knowledge of building and operating microservices
- Automated testing & testing methodologies.
- Ability to understand business requirements and turn this into efficient, scalable solutions.
- Experience in working within an Agile, DevOps and Cloud environment, with a focus on usability, security, availability, reliability and automation
- Exemplifies our company values and guiding principles
Nice to haves
- Experience progranning in Rust and Typescript
- Experience working with Kubernetes and/or Terraform
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as code using Terraform, AWS CFN or Azure ARM
- Experience with setting up web-servers like Apache, IIS, Nginx
- RDBMS skills
- Experience with AWS or Azure Cloud Technologies
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Share Options Scheme
- Flexible working
- Company Pension
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- Well-being initiatives
- Cycle to work/ Tech scheme’s
- Employee assistance program
- Inclusive team environment where your contribution will truly make a difference
- This reports to our Head of Software
- The successful candidate can be remotely located within the UK
- Preference will be given to those candidates whom already have UK Right to Work status
At Fluidic Analytics we value people for who they are and the contribution they make. An Equal Employment Opportunity employer, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive working environment where all qualified applications are welcomed regardless of gender, race, religion, age, socio-economic background, disability, sexual or gender orientation.