Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis at Lumeon
Boston, MA, US
The Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) will serve as the strategic right hand to Lumeon’s CFO. The role will help shape and implement the company’s newly established FP&A function. The ideal candidate will have experience and comfort working within a fast-paced, high-growth, venture-backed environment and be very familiar with a SaaS-based recurring revenue and client delivery model. Success will result from assisting with the development of both near and long-term financial plans to deliver on growth initiatives.
- Work closely with the CFO, executive leadership team, and department leaders to provide financial insight for driving growth and profitability.
- Lead the development of business plans, including the annual operating budget and a multi-year planning model, including income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement, to be used by the executive leadership team, board, and venture investors for near- and long-term management of the company.
- Partner with sales leadership to develop timely, transparent, and realistic sales plans, based on a thorough understanding of the company’s sales cycle and client purchase patterns, and translate these sales plans into revenue budgets/forecasts.
- Provide analysis and interpretation of monthly/quarterly operating results, including insightful variance to budget explanations.
- Develop monthly re-forecasts based on an understanding of actual to-date results and changes in underlying assumptions because of variances in business performance.
- Assist in preparing analysis, commentary, and presentation material for monthly and quarterly financial review meetings.
- Lead the investigation, recommendation, and implementation of software tools to improve budgeting, forecasting, and reporting processes to support a high-growth business.
- Work closely with the CFO to define and implement financial metrics and key business analyses which provide financial insights into the business, profit drivers, the marketplace, and strategic growth opportunities.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to successfully execute key responsibilities.
- 8+ years of experience with quantifiable accomplishments of managing and improving budgeting, forecasting, and reporting processes.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is required. A CPA is not necessary, but a plus.
- Strong business acumen and experience with a subscription software business model which supports clients with advisory and consulting services.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of accounting concepts associated with SaaS software and consulting revenue models, including recurring, deferred, and percentage completion revenue streams.
- Experience providing metrics-based financial analyses utilizing measurable performance indicators focused on growth, margins, bookings, retention/cancellation, ROI, and IRR.
- Outstanding forecasting, planning, and analytic skills. Core to this will be demonstrated leadership of managing annual budgeting processes and monthly reporting and forecasting activities.
- Strong systems experience with software tools required to perform duties, including NetSuite, Salesforce, and FP&A/Business Intelligence tools along with MS Office.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. A bright, engaging, active listener who brings value, candor, intelligence, and goodwill to interactions and relationships at all levels.
- A relentless sense of urgency and self-direction to identify and anticipate the future needs of the company.
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively, making good decisions based on business priorities and objectives.
Lumeon Benefits & Perks
- Healthcare plans: Company contributes 80% for employee-only or family plan
- Medical waiver allowance $500 a month for those who opt-out of our medical plan
- Flexible work environment
- Manager support for well-being
- 15 days PTO, plus 5 sick days
- 4 paid Lumeon Care days for personal, family, or community care
- Pre-tax commuting options
- 401(k) with a 5% match
- Parental leave: 10 weeks of paid leave to recover from childbirth & 2 weeks of paid parental leave to bond with a new baby
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Supplemental life and AD&D insurance
- Legal assistance
- Accident insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Hospital indemnity insurance
- Working culture based on trust and collaboration.
Who We Are/ Company Background
Here at Lumeon, our vision is simple: “A world where healthcare delivers the right care, at the right time, every time”. We are a digital health company that is a leader in care journey orchestration; meaning we deliver intelligent automation to transform how care is delivered.
We partner with more than 70 innovative health organizations in the U.S. and Europe and are dedicated to helping these organizations coordinate care in a way that results in, improved patient experience.
Lumeon has been recognized in Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in Healthcare 2021. We offer competitive salaries, a generous benefits package, and an amazing company culture with frequent Zoom company events and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
Lumeon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment without regard to ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, veteran status, neurodiversity status, disability status or any other basis protected by applicable law.