Seldon was founded in 2014 with a simple yet ambitious mission: accelerate the adoption of machine learning to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Since launching in 2018 we’ve grown to over 50 people located across Europe and the US, raised over £10 / $13 million in venture funding, and plan to double our headcount in the next year. Over 60% of the Fortune 500 use Seldon’s technology today - and we work with global industry leaders like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Red Hat, and NVIDIA.
In addition to our product, we’ve created a culture that we’re proud of driven by our open, collaborative ethos. We’re a small, talented team, making a large impact in helping shape the future of machine learning.
Who you are
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to help drive the roadmap for combining our data science-focused MLOps offerings. The role involves working closely with a cross-functional team to help define, design, build and roll out products that deliver the business vision. The core focus of this role will be to bring the voice of the customer to life in close collaboration with our engineering teams. You will have the opportunity to drive innovation alongside engineering by solving significant challenges in MLOps software engineering. To support this, you will have a keen eye for gaps in B2B and developer products with an innovative mindset to fill them.
This position will require a unique blend of strategic thinking combined with hands-on practical experience and excellent communication skills. You will work with stakeholders to shape data science add-ons on top of Seldon Deploy (Monitoring and Explainability), working closely with open-source projects like Alibi Detect, Alibi Explain and Tempo.
You should be comfortable navigating complex and ambiguous challenges and working in a fluid environment with momentum.
What you will be doing
- Manage multiple offerings within Seldon’s portfolio
- Drive the execution of all product lifecycle processes for products, including market research, competitive analysis, design, planning, roadmap development, requirements development, and product launch
- Develop end to end plans for features, detailing the product requirements and functional specifications
- Understand customer needs, communicate those needs crisply and succinctly, and work with sales and engineering to translate those needs into clear priorities and a compelling roadmap
- Develop a thorough understanding of the MLOps ecosystem and continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging trends
- Scope and prioritise activities based on ML thought leadership, business and customer impact
- Work closely with engineering and sales to drive product success, as well as business and internal stakeholders expectations
What you will bring to the team
- Demonstrable application of Data Science principles to products
- Strong intuition for specifying straightforward products, including the ability to communicate ideas through wireframes or whiteboard drawings when necessary
- A passion for understanding customer problems and creating product requirements to solve those problems
- Strong analytical skills and a track record of data-driven decision making
- Ability to present ideas to and collaborate with engineering, end-users and cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, related field or equivalent experience
- Experience as product manager across the product development lifecycle
- Experience with open-source software
What you will enjoy in return
- A strategic and exciting role in a scaling company
- A supportive and collaborative team environment with a commitment to learning and career development
- Share options to align you with the long-term success of the company
- 28 days annual leave (and flexible bank holidays)
- Perkbox perks, medical and wellbeing
- Healthcare cash plan and Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible approach to hybrid-working
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme