CS Genetics is a privately-held genomics-technology company based in San Diego, California and Cambridge, UK. We are a nimble, highly-capable team focused on delivering genuine step-change innovation in genomic tools for research and clinical applications. We have developed a disruptive platform for single-cell genomics which leverages instrument-free, solution-phase chemical biology to provide unmatched ease-of-use, scalability, and affordability.
The Staff Scientist / Senior Staff Scientist, Core Technology will work on the development of single cell genomics assay technology and products in the R&D group in Cambridge, UK. The primary function of this position will be to drive development of our core reagent chemistry and assay workflow technology for single cell indexing and NGS library preparation for downstream sequencing analysis. The candidate will lead multi-disciplinary teams focusing on current and future core technology characterization, product development, and eventually investigation and resolution of customer reported technical problems.
- Design and execution of experiments and studies to support technology development, product development, validation, and continuous improvement
- Manage small teams of scientists (4-7 FTE) focused on core technology development and product development tasks
- Plan activities, collect and analyze requirements, apply design of experiment (DOE) methods, and allocate budgeted resources to accomplish technical milestones
- Identify risks and provide recommendations for risk mitigation in area of responsibility and at the project level.
- Own a large subsystem or workflow with no oversight
- Regularly analyze, present / write-up data to help drive development efforts
- Work closely with scientific, bioinformatics, engineering, and commercial teams to develop, validate, and transfer new products into production
- Support and troubleshoot existing processes and provide guidance on potential enhancements
- Prior experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technology assay development, and/or single-cell genomics assay development. Exceptional candidates with experience related to other molecular-detection technologies in life science (e.g. for nucleic acid, protein, and/or cellular analysis) will also be considered.
- Previous roles in small to medium sized companies with experience across the complete technology product lifecycle: product ideation through commercial launch and on market support
- A firm grasp of the fundamentals of product development in the life sciences
- People management experience with teams of early- to mid-career scientists and research associates
- Experience with project and program management best practices is preferred
- Technology and product road-mapping experience is highly preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience presenting to executive leadership is highly preferred
- Masters degree +9-11 years of experience, or PhD +6-8 years of industry experience in genomics, NGS library prep, gene expression, biochemistry, biotechnology, cell biology, or single-cell applications
What We Offer:
- Location in central Cambridge, UK
- Short walk to Cambridge train station
- Exceptional team with a dynamic and interactive culture
- Regular company and community social activities
- Competitive compensation package including equity incentive program
- Visa sponsorship available for exceptional candidates