Seldon was founded in 2014 with a simple yet ambitious mission: accelerate the adoption of machine learning to solve the world’s most challenging problems. Seldon accelerates the process of deploying, monitoring, explaining, and managing machine learning models, reducing risk and increasing ROI for data science projects. We have already helped to bring more than 3+ million unique ML models to production for hundreds of enterprises including Capital One, Ford, and Exscientia with productivity gains of up to 92%.
Machine learning will soon be at the core of every connected business, so we’re seeking talented individuals to drive our mission forward to deliver industry-leading machine learning deployment and continue to make our mark in the MLOps space.
We’ve created a culture that we’re proud of that’s driven by our open, collaborative ethos and supportive environment. We’re a passionate team of innovators and the builders of serious next-generation, data-centric MLOps.
You will be joining our Product team in a role which offers autonomy, responsibility, and the opportunity to make an impact from day one with unique opportunities to grow and develop your career as we continue to shape the future of machine learning.
We are looking for an exceptional Product Designer who shares our passion for creating world-class user experiences. You'll be expected to re-imagine and re-define how customers access and experience data insights, supported by access to customers, and all the resources you need to build your customer empathy.
The products you design will be touched by some of the world’s largest companies! You’ll be responsible for end-to-end design for workflows relating to our Data Science, DevOps and Machine Learning Engineer personas, working closely with peers from engineering, product, designers and more.
You'll be expected to always put the user first – making our products simple, easy to use, accessible and visually pleasing.
What you will be doing
- Own the user experience in our products within the Product Design team
- Create product designs, from early exploration wireframes in collaboration with our Product Management, Engineering and Data Science teams then work closely with UI Design to build fully-fledged final designs
- Detail user journeys for various personas and work cross-functionally to improve challenges that users may face through using our software
- Evaluate desirability of functionality through user research, both qualitative and quantitative, to build new features and improve existing functionality through analysing data and user behaviour
- Design interactions with data visualised in dashboards for a range of personas
What you will bring to the team
- We're looking for a designer with extensive knowledge and interest in data. You love uncovering new stories to tell by visualising data and connecting between dashboards
- Extensive experience in designing visual and engaging, end-to-end product designs
- The ability to simplify complexity, especially given very technical concepts
- Creativity, curiosity and user intuition
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proficient with design applications like Axure, Balsamiq, Figma, Sketch and Adobe Suite
- Proficient in visualising chart interactions
- Thrive on technical detail to influence API-level workflows
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working with open-source software
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, related field or equivalent experience
What you will enjoy in return
- A supportive and collaborative team environment
- A commitment to learning and career development and £1000 per year L&D budget
- Competitive salary and share options to align you with our long-term success
- 28 days annual leave (plus flexible bank holidays on top)
- Flexible approach to hybrid-working
- Nest Pension scheme
- AXA Private Medical Insurance (including dental and optical)
- AIG Life Assurance and EAP
- Perkbox - perks, medical and wellbeing benefits
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular socials, lunch & learns and events