The Field Services Engineer is the technical face of the Company, improving the customer experience by providing on-site service support for installations, troubleshooting, repairs, and planned maintenance.
Working closely with your customer service, sales, and field application colleagues to provide excellent technical support to customers at point of, and post sale.
We are looking for a motivated individual to provide outstanding service and support of our protein analysis systems, across the USA.
- Conduct installation of equipment and perform site acceptance tests
- Perform scheduled maintenance/calibration visits
- Prepare units prior to shipping
- Support logistics as required
- Perform IQ/OQ/PQ
- Diagnose and solve technical instrument problems
- Create and Update Service Reports (batch record)
- Complete administrative paperwork as applicable (including: Time Reports, Expense Reports, Service Agreement Quotations, Equipment Checklists)
- Maintain up to date customer information in SalesForce
- Provide feedback to development and commercial teams on design issues
- Build and maintain positive customer relationships
- Up to 80% travel is required to support our customers
Fluidic Analytics is an early-stage company with a growing number of instruments installed in the field. This role is an opportunity for the right candidate to develop and grow the field service function in the US.
Reporting to the Head of Operations (based in the UK) you will be working with a small US team of Territory Sales Managers and FAS’s to support our customers on the ground. Collaboration and regular communication with your colleagues in the UK (Customer Service, Technical Support, Applications, etc) will be critical to delivering a professional, timely and cost-effective service.
- BSc Degree level or above in mechanical or electrical engineering or other relevant technical discipline
• 2+ years’ experience servicing and supporting scientific/industrial products in the field
• Located in the USA within easy access of a major airport hub - with preference to candidates in North Carolina
• Previous experience in the biotechnology/biomedical industry is highly desirable
• Experience of working with fluidic and opto-mechanical systems is highly desirable
• Ability to work autonomously as part of a remote team
• Professional and competent with excellent customer facing skills
• Excellent technical communication skills both written and verbal
•Independent, methodical and precise approach to work and strong attention to detail
• Happy to travel frequently across the US, potentially at short notice
• Full driving license
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Healthcare Plan
- 401k Retirement plan
- Disability Insurance
- Inclusive team environment where your contribution will truly make a difference
- This role is offered as a remote role, with the post holder being based from home
- This role reports to the Head of Operations who is based in the UK, and will work closely with the North America Head of Sales, Territory Sales Managers and FAS's in the US
- There is a requirement for significant domestic travel
At Fluidic Analytics we value people for who they are and the contribution they make. An Equal Employment Opportunity employer, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive working environment where all qualified applications are welcomed regardless of gender, race, religion, age, socio-economic background, disability, sexual or gender orientation.